Thursday 19 April 2012

Avon – True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte– Swatches and Look

Avon – True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte– Swatches and Look

Sorry I’ve been a bit slack in getting more regular content on here, we have been in the process of moving and getting settled. Hopefully now I will have more time to do some regular posts.

This is just a quick “review” of Avon’s True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in the colour Mocha Latte.

The colours in the quad are Latte (slight shimmer), Beige (matte), Iced Coffee (shimmer) and Espresso (matte). This is a great multi use quad for myself.  I use the Latte for highlighting and the Beige for contouring. I also use a mix of the Beige and Espresso to do my brows. You can create pretty much a whole look from this one quad.



The highlight colour – latte – is not very pigmented so you do have to work it a bit to get the coverage that you might like or need. The other 3 colours however are quite pigmented, Beige and Espresso more than the Iced Coffee.

For a natural / neutral look I really like this palette. The only complaint I would have is that you can't buy the colours separately when they run out. My Iced Coffee will run out long before the others as its a lovely brown, coppery colour with just the right amount of shimmer.

I used the following products – the only product that is not in the picture us the Magix Face Perfector which I used for my primer.

All products are by Avon and are as follows left to right

  • True Colour Blush – Earthen Rose – Matte blush – a bit darker than my skin tone
  • True Colour Blush – Golden Glow – Peach blush with shimmer
  • Ideal Shade Crème to Powder Foundation SPF15 in Ivory
  • Moisturiser – Anew Genics Treatment Cream
  • Mascara – Avon One Great in Black
  • Eyeliner Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown
  • Lipstick – Simply Pretty in True Rose
  • True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte Q110

    Before



    After    



Overall this is a good every day eyeshadow quad.  The current RRP is $29.99 however you can normally get it on special with Avon for $19.99. 


Disclaimer: Please note I am currently a representative with Avon, however I am not paid by Avon and all these products were purchased by myself for personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment